Job posting: Organizer with Indigenous legal defence charity
Closing date: Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Compensation: This is a part-time contract position with a competitive hourly rate (between $30 and $50, based on skills and experience).
RAVEN is looking for a seasoned organizer to seed and grow our first Ontario campaign – The Tar Sands Trial: Beaver Lake Cree Nation vs Alberta and Canada.
Based in Toronto, you would work closely with the RAVEN team in the BC head offices in Victoria. Your main responsibility will be to build and mobilize a constituency for the campaign in Ontario.
- recruiting grassroots allies and amplifiers
- organizing events
- supporting identified champions in hosting their own events and tapping their networks
- recruiting and managing volunteers
- curating Ontario-specific social media content for the campaign
Desired skills and attributes:
- well-networked in the progressive and environmental landscape in Ontario
- an experienced organizer with several campaigns under your belt
- passionate about the intersection of Indigenous rights and climate change action.
- Digital savvy (social media, CRM)
- Public speaking
RAVEN is an affirmative action employer and gives priority to Indigenous applicants, all else being equal.
For more information on the campaign, visit: https://raventrust.com/the-
Please e-mail a CV and a cover letter detailing why you’d like to work with us and why you’re the right person for the role. Please send your email with the subject line “Application: Toronto Organizer” to email@example.com.
Interviews will happen on a rolling basis, so please get your application in as soon as possible.
RAVEN (Respecting Aboriginal Values and Environmental Needs) raises legal defence funds to assist Indigenous Peoples who enforce their rights and title to protect their traditional territories. Through our public education programs, RAVEN collaborates with Indigenous Peoples to eliminate environmental racism and foster a greater understanding of indigenous rights and governance.