It is no secret that knowledge is power, and we can wield storytelling as a tool for justice. Equipped with both, we can find ourselves nurtured, inspired and informed as we continue planting seeds for a more just world. These Indigenous authors and their powerful books have come highly recommended by the incredible community of RAVEN supporters. We’ve compiled a list for you! What better way to take a break from the days inundated by zoom meetings, screen time and scrolling.
- Braiding Sweetgrass, by Robin Wall Kimmerer
- A Mind Spread Out on the Ground, by Alicia Elliot
- Seven Fallen Feathers, Tanya Talaga
- Our Relations, Tanya Talaga
- Native American DNA: Tribal Belonging and the False Promise of Genetic Science
- There, there, by Tommy Orange
- They Call Me Number One, by Bev Sellars
Comment below if you have any recommendations!