7 Ways to Support Indigenous Peoples this June 21
There are so many activities taking place from coast to coast to coast in celebration of Indigenous People’s Day. RAVEN is excited to share our #365Indigenous project to remind everyone that every day, Indigenous Peoples are doing amazing things to uplift community, protect water, and create better laws on these lands.
Here are some fun, community solidarity events you can join on June 21st:
- The Burrow in Vancouver is doing a fundraiser with West Coast Bannock to raise money for Urban Native Youth Association and the Aboriginal Mother’s Centre. Drop in at the Burrow at Commercial and 12th for a delicious meal and to support their fundraiser.
- Ancient Medicines Exhibition Opening at the Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre in Whistler.
- Join the celebration at Royal Roads University in Victoria.
- Join Toronto’s annual Sunrise Ceremony, in honour of National Indigenous Peoples Day, taking place at Nathan Phillips Square on Tuesday, June 21 at 5:30 a.m.
- Donate to RAVEN to support our campaigns
- Donate to Indigenous led organizations in your community: check with your local Native Friendship Centre to find out more about where support is needed.
- Start conversations with your loved ones about the need to decolonize and support Indigenous people in the movement for sovereignty and access to justice
We want to hear from you: Let us know how you are celebrating Indigenous Peoples Day this year. Send us an email or tag us @raven_trust in your Instagram posts to show us how you’re celebrating!