RAVEN is looking for a new Development & Engagement Coordinator!
Join the country’s only organization dedicated to advancing Indigenous rights and environmental protection through fundraising for access to justice.
Fundraising is in our DNA: everything we do has the simple, powerful goal of motivating people to donate, fundraise, and organize events in support of Nations which take to the courts to advance their rights and defend their territories.
You can learn more about us at raventrust.com
Under the direction of the Development Director, the Development and Engagement Coordinator is responsible for raising annual operations funds, and the ongoing management of online platforms to ensure data-based fundraising through reporting and analyzing data.
- Work with the Development Director to coordinate and implement the overall development efforts to raise an annual budget of $600,000 for core operations.
- Develop and grow RAVEN’s monthly giving program. Steward monthly donors.
- Lead the Fund Development Committee to support development initiatives, organizing regular meetings, generating ideas and supporting its volunteers.
- With the Fund Development Committee, review and update policies related to donors and donations as needed.
- Support the members of RAVEN’s Board of Directors to meet their fundraising goals
- Coordinate with the Communications Team to implement an annual year end campaign.
- Manage volunteers for donor stewardship purposes, such as sending thank you cards.
- Work with DD to create and manage systems of acknowledgement for all levels of donors as per the RAVEN donor acknowledgement policy (with the exception of major donors).
- Support and manage Fundraisers from Classy.
- Incorporate analytics and use data-based fundraising models.
- Manage RAVEN’s digital platforms, ensuring clean data, and their integration (ie. tech stack functionality): Classy, Salesforce, Campaign Monitor, Google Adwords, Formstack, Beaufort 12, RingLead.Wordpress/CSS an asset.
- Collect and report on fundraising and engagement metrics.
- Salesforce – manage CRM, facilitate customization & interface with tech stack (Classy, WordPress)
- Support staff to fully leverage Salesforce capabilities.
- Develop and implement procedures to capture all revenue streams- PayPal Giving Fund, Facebook Donation – and data in Salesforce.
- Be point of contact with Classy account manager regarding new developments, upgrades and ongoing tech issues, including integration with Salesforce.
- Other duties as required.
●Coordination + Collaboration: A track record of collaboration and working across distance, culture, conflict, and uniquely complex situations. Experience coordinating across departments and teams.
● Trust-Builder + Relationships: A reputation for building influence, trust, and healthy relationships. You leverage influence assertively and empathetically.
● Resourceful + Agile: This person must be a self-starter who comfortably operates in spaces of ambiguity or rapid change. This person must be a problem solver who takes initiative to manage complex responsibilities.
● Project Management: Experience in project management with the ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously.
● Committed to Improvement: This position requires someone that is committed to ongoing learning and improvement.
- Demonstrated sincere interest and current knowledge of Indigenous rights and issues.
including the Truth and Reconciliation Calls to Action and the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
- 5 years of non-profit fundraising experience or equivalent.
- Genuine interest, understanding and enthusiasm in promoting RAVEN and the work that it does, with an affinity for raising funds and working with people.
- A high level of organizational ability and attention to detail are essential, as well as being goal-oriented, self-motivated, reliable, positive, flexible, articulate and poised.
- Commitment to professional ethics.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Personal integrity, sound judgment, a donor service orientation and a sense of humour are essential.
- Proven track record of achieving annual revenue targets, using various creative strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new business relationships.
- Thorough understanding of all components of a diversified funding base.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, Google Drive, Salesforce, Email Service Provider.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM database, including producing reports to support Fundraising activities.
- Affiliation with professional fundraising association.
- Understanding of Indigenous legal issues.
Salary Range: $55K – $65K depending on experience.
This is a full-time position (35 hours per week) based in Victoria, BC. Remote work may be considered. In addition to salary, RAVEN offers generous benefits, including 4-weeks paid vacation, sick time, medical/dental, and a supportive working environment.
RAVEN recognizes the importance of a diverse workplace and is committed to being an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on identity. Indigenous people, people of color, Two-Spirit or LGBTQA+ people, and members of other marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
The position will stay open until it is filled. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Proof of double vaccination is required as a condition of employment.
Please submit your cover letter and your resume to info(at) raventrust.com.