Statement from Treaty 8 regarding the Site C dam
Treaty 8 statement
1) Site C is an infringement on our Treaty Rights, yet BC Hydro proceeds with construction.
2) There are alternatives to Site C that do not infringe upon our Treaty Rights.
3) There are alternatives to Site C that do not destroy the Peace River Valley.
4) The remaining stretch of the Peace River Valley is vital to Treaty 8 First Nations practicing our Treaty Rights.
5) The outcomes of the Site C legal proceedings have the potential to impact the treatment of First Nations by government an adhered to numbered Treaties across Canada by government and industry.
Treaty 8 are not backing down. Neither are we!
Donate at https://fundraise.raventrust.com/events/campaign-join-circle-no-site-c/e49121. All donations will be MATCHED dollar for dollar, doubling your impact!