Toronto Benefit Show “Rock for Wet’suwet’en” launches ticket sales today
In 1997 the Wet’Suwet’en hereditary chiefs fought a legendary court case aimed at establishing them as the legal guardians of their 22,000 sq. km. traditional territory. Yet, Coastal Gaslink insists that their 670 km. natural gas pipeline must run directly through the territory. The hereditary chiefs say NO!
To assist Wet’suwet’en in asserting their legal rights, a group of allies have come together to host a fundraiser to support the Wet’Suwet’en hereditary chiefs access the justice system.
March 25, Burdock Music Hall 1184 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON M6H 1N2, Canada
The evening includes hors d’oeuvres, craft beer (additional cost), plus a line up of inspiring speakers, performances by local artists, and a silent art auction! This is a ticketed event, with several tiers available to encourage everyone to come. All proceeds go to RAVEN’s Stand Strong for Wet-Suwet-En Yintah campaign (https://raventrust.com/wetsuweten/).
Tickets are $40* : https://fundraise.raventrust.com/event/rock-for-wetsuweten/e273434
Howlin’ Circus (https://howlincircus.com/)
Jeremy Lagault (Connect on Facebook – @jeremy.legault.music)
More musicians to be Announced.
Speakers to be Announced.
- Chickpea hummus on sourdough crostini with garlic scape pesto
- Split pea fritters with tahini and pomegranate Soppressata sammies with caponata, harissa pickles & cheese
- Feta fries with garlic confit, oregano and lemon mayo
Brussel sprouts and cauliflower with pickled shallots, almonds and sour cream
- Piri-piri chicken skewers with garlic yoghurt sauce
- Burdock dessert platter- bite-size seasonal cakes and sweets