Work with RAVEN! We’re looking for a Digital Communications Coordinator
RAVEN is growing and we are hiring someone for our team who loves our mission and loves being a digital ninja! If you have a passion for Indigenous rights, environmental justice and innovative digital organizing, we want to hear from you. RAVEN is an affirmative action employer and gives priority to Indigenous applicants, all else being equal.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the leadership of the Director of Engagement and Communications, the Digital Communications Coordinator applies marketing and digital communications expertise to target messages and collect metrics and data that support Raven’s core mission, which is fundraising.
RAVEN is a small but mighty registered charity with a mission to raise legal defence funds to help Indigenous Peoples in Canada defend their Aboriginal rights and title, treaty rights and the integrity of their traditional lands and cultures. We are the only non-profit charitable organization in Canada doing this work. When successful, the legal actions of our Indigenous partners set precedents for future cases, and/or advance legal rights and title of Indigenous Peoples in Canada. They may also create significant, positive environmental impacts for all Canadians by contributing to slowing climate change, maintaining biological diversity, keeping pristine landscapes intact, and/or improving or maintaining access to clean water and food security.
We believe the environmental challenges that face many Indigenous Peoples in Canada are really challenges for the entire world. Fundamentally, we believe these are issues of human rights and climate change – guided by some of the most brilliant legal advisors in the country, we work to enshrine environmental justice for all.
• Contribute to iterative, innovative social media strategy
• Develop and maintain automatic marketing systems and automated donor and fundraiser communications
• Maintain systems that synch between platforms (Mail Chimp, Classy, New Mode and Salesforce) to enable list segmentation, marketing automation and metric analysis
• Create and maintain Classy fundraising and peer to peer pages
• Update the website, campaign pages, blog platform – for RAVEN, Pull Together and Tar Sands Trial sites
• Manage social media accounts
• Post regular updates, news, and events from our allies and network
• Engage social media amplifiers to boost/promote/share our content
• Maintain mailing lists and segmentation rules for RAVEN, Pull Together and One Coast
• Design and deploy email messages for campaigns, quarterly newsletters, fundraising drives
• Work with and assist Director of Engagement and Communication on digital strategy and marketing automation.
• A high level of organizational ability and attention to detail are essential, as well as being goal-
oriented, self-motivated, reliable, positive, and flexible
• Very strong technical skills, especially in data management, analysis and interpretation
• Demonstrated success in marketing, targeted social media marketing, and digital communications
• Demonstrated ability to work with a team
• Ability to manage multiple information sources and channels
• Personal integrity, sound judgment, and a sense of humour are essential
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office programs as well as communications programs
• Demonstrated sincere interest and current knowledge of Indigenous rights and issues
including the Truth and Reconciliation Calls to Action and the UN Declaration on the Rights of
• Genuine interest, understanding and enthusiasm in promoting RAVEN and the work that it does
• Ability to confidently exercise initiative, work independently and maintain successful professional relationships across distance.
• Social media and/or digital communications certification
• Understanding of Indigenous legal issues
• Relationships and connections with Indigenous communities.
This is a 0.64 (24 hours/week) position. Preference will be given to candidates based in Victoria, B.C., however we will consider applications from Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland, with a demonstrated capability for working remotely.
The starting salary for this part-time position is $28,018 ($41,203 Full Time Equivalent) with annual increases. We offer extended benefits and a generous vacation allowance.
RAVEN is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people of Indigenous ancestry, people of colour, LGBTQQIP2SA individuals and members of other diverse communities to apply for positions within our organization.
Please submit a single PDF document via email with your name and the words “Digital Communication Coordinator” in the subject line to Director, Engagement & Communications, Andrea Palframan – firstname.lastname@example.org.
The document should include:
– A cover letter detailing any pertinent knowledge, skills and experience, including professional and personal experience
– Your resume
– The names of three references and their contact information
We thank everyone for your interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: May 24, 2019
Timeline: Calls for interviews will occur by May 27 with interviews that week.
Anticipated Start Date: June 10, 2019